Ways to Give
Symphony NH is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization (#02-6012500), and thus there are many different ways you can contribute. We invite you to peruse the sections below to find out more about how you can make a difference.
Thanks to the generosity of community supporters like you, SNH has continued to bring joy to the region through outstanding concerts, first-class soloists, and our ever-expanding educational programs.
Our financial stability is made possible by people like you in the community who value our programs, but it is also dependent on your continued support. With your help, Symphony NH will not merely survive, it will thrive!
The 1923 Society, Leaving a lasting legacy
Since 1923, Symphony NH (until 2012, known as the Nashua Symphony Association) has been bringing the very best symphonic and choral music to citizens of New Hampshire and beyond. Recently a group of very generous patrons got together to focus their outreach on sustaining the financial health of SNH and guaranteeing that our tradition of excellence will be continued for future generations to enjoy. You can join this movement and leave a lasting legacy that will benefit thousands by committing a portion of your estate to Symphony NH.
E-mail Signe Lindberg, Development Associate, at email@example.com to join the 1923 Society!
What is Planned Giving?
Gift planning is an easy way for you to make a significant contribution, while at the same time planning for your needs in life. Gift planning can take many forms, and even people of moderate income can serve the community in this important way while enjoying real tax benefits. Giving a percentage of your estate in an unrestricted gift can easily be inserted into your will by adding some very simple language like this:
I hereby give $_______ (or a percentage of my residual estate) to Symphony NH, 6 Church Street, Nashua, NH 03060, to be used at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
Perks of planned giving:
- Some assets benefit you more if you give them away.
- Some types of gifts allow you to pass more on to your heirs and pay fewer taxes.
- You can designate your planned gift to a specific area of the budget (annual operating costs, education programs, or the endowment).
- Giving appreciated property, like stocks or real estate costs less than giving the equivalent amount in cash.
- Life insurance can be given either as an outright gift or to fund a charitable trust.
- Some gifts cost you nothing now, but leave an enormous impact later.
Symphony NH is fortunate to have a healthy endowment, the earnings from which provide about 6% of our annual operating budget.
Although our long term goal is to grow the endowment, we are currently asking that only gifts of $2,500 or more (and then only in extraordinary cases) be directed to these funds, in order that the majority of individual gifts can be used to offset our direct artistic and operating costs in the immediate future.
To find out more about the endowment, or to make a contribution, e-mail Signe Lindberg, Development Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does my gift help?
Your $2,500 gift helps us:
- Sponsor one of our outstanding vocal or instrumental soloists
- Print our season program booklets
- Present chamber music concerts for young people
- Print our posters and postcards for an entire season!
Your $1,000 gift helps us:
- Commission a composer to write a new piece.
- Hire the extra instrumentation required for special pieces.
- Install our custom-made acoustic shell at our Keefe Auditorium concerts.
Your $500 gift helps us:
- Send SNH musicians into middle schools for the (h)EARS program.
- Send mailings to potential new audiences.
- Print a single concert’s postcards/ posters.
Your $250 gift helps us:
- Engage a musician for a community outreach performance.
- Hire professional sound engineers to record our concerts for our archives and for promotional uses.
- Cover our office rent for a month.
Your $100 gift helps us:
- Put on our Dress Rehearsal Pizza Parties for kids!
- All gifts help, no matter the amount!